Tuesday 23 July 2013

...forget everything I just said.

Objects no longer work like that. The current system is similar to the one described but the previous post's version had too many limitations that were not obvious until I started trying to do unobvious things.

Welcome to rapid application development!

Ok, in fairness, it's mostly the same. The six-phase collision is out and a new three part behavior system is in. Collisions now happen in two phases and automated behavior in another separate phase allowing complex behaviors to be coded, combined and then triggered for different reasons.

I'll post about the changes before too long and hopefully I'll have some video to share.

Thanks to the people who helped test Asciilands recently! Also, if you want to help test the alpha / beta versions or just see it in action, let me know by any means available to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment